POSTPONED Due to Crazy Weather: Stay tuned!
Join us on Sunday, May 5 from 1-8pm at Pack Square Park for another good-time celebration of Asheville at its best — indie & unchained!
- live and DJ’d music from Warm the Bell, Hawks & Arrows, Krektones, Pleasure Chest with Shake It Like A Caveman, Emily Easterly with J Seger, Andy Woodward from Kovacs and the Polar Bear and Kim Roney, The Hermit Kings, Johanna Owen, Oil Derek, Red Honey, Albert Adams, Asheville FM DJs, Sugarfoot Serenaders, & Doomster
- an acrobatic performance from Toy Boat
- an exceptional array of juried indie artists, crafters, makers & small businesses
- Beer from Highland Brewing (including their custom brew, Big Love!), French Broad Brewery, Asheville Brewing Company, Wicked Weed & Pisgah Brewing.
- Food from Buchi Kombucha, Gypsy Queen Cuisine, Ursa Minor Coffee, the lowdown, macdaddy’s organic lemonade, El Kimchi Food Truck, Smash Box Mobile Kitchen, Melt Your Heart, Take the Cake, The Hop Ice Cream Café, Short Street Cakes, Ceci’s Culinary Tour, Biltmore Coffee Traders, Green River Picklers, Nourish & Flourish, Flying Falafel Brothers, Kernal Mike’s Famous Kettle Corn, & Farm to Home Milk.
- An installation of The Megaphone Project (special thanks to LEAF for bringing this great group to town!)
- A free & fun for all ages good time!
We’ll be accepting applications (via our online application form) for our July event though May 18! Find out more on our vendor information page.
Thanks to the vendors and visitors who joined us from near and far to celebrate indie craft and creativity!
And the very biggest thanks to our amazing volunteers and the wonderful sponsors who make our event possible: the Asheville Art Museum, Highland Brewing Company and French Broad Brewing Company!
Check out our event photos & look for The Big Crafty, Big Love Fest & The Big Day in 2013!
Voted WNC’s favorite four years in a row (Mountain Xpress)
One of the “Nation’s 50 Coolest Craft Fairs” (Country Living Magazine)
• Indie crafters, artists & makers
• Festive DJ’d music
• Locally crafted food, drink & beer from French Broad & Highland Brewing Companies
• Free admission to the Asheville Art Museum‘s many current exhibitions on view in the Museum’s North Wing and (newly-renovated) East Wing
It’s free & fun for the whole family!
The good folks at the Asheville Grown Business Alliance will be on hand at the Holiday Big Crafty with the brand new 2013 Go Local Card!
Get deals from 360 local, independent businesses AND get a free 2012 card with your purchase to get you through the rest of the year!
Big Crafty t-shirts will be 20% off for Go Local Card holders, and you can find deals throughout the event from these awesome artists and crafters:
Go Local Card holders, find these Big Crafty day deals throughout the event!
Get your Go Local Card (benefitting the Asheville Grown Business Alliance & the Asheville City Schools Foundation) at the Asheville Grown booth downstairs inside Pack Place.
Check out our Svpply list!